I've been thinking about this experience I had once several years ago that really touched my heart. I was flying somewhere, I don't even remember where, but most of the plane had boarded and we were getting settled in and waiting for the plane to take off, it was seaming to take a while for us to get things going. When a Young handsome man in army fatigues came onto the plane with crutches and his right leg had been amputated at the knee. It appeared that his mother was with him. As he started to make his way down the isle all eyes were on him as we were already seated. And then a middle aged man started to clap, and then another person and another and soon the whole plane was clapping for him and then everyone started to stand as he made his way to a seat someone had made available for him. The spirit that was there was so tender and there were many there wiping away tears, me included. It was a remarkable moment. It was a tender moment. I was so grateful for the love that was shown for that young solider who had paid the price of his leg. I was grateful for freedom, for services, for our country that stands as a standard for freedom and democracy to the world, and I was grateful for the goodness of the hearts of everyone on that plane to honor that young man that way.
Good bless America. God bless our soldiers, past and present, who make terrible sacrifices to defend one of God's greatest gifts to his children, the freedom to choose.
Happy Memorial day.
2020 goals
6 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment