Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Little Sister for Me.

I am the baby in my family of 12 kids. I really liked being in my family but I wished I wasn't the baby. I wanted to be ten years older and be able to help out more. I wanted to be in the action and not be the last one who was sort of left behind. In large families when you are the baby you spend about 80% of your existence cheering, loving, adoring, obsessing, praying for, caring, and admiring your older brothers and sisters and then one by one then grow up and move on with their lives and then you find when  your prom day comes that there isn't a crowd of little people starring up at you telling you that you are the pretties girl in the whole world. It is a little sad at times and a little lonely. But I was so blessed when I was teenager. I prayed my sibling back home. I literally did. I prayed that I would have some siblings close by and with in the year I had two brothers and three sisters move back to town. The Lord spoils me sometimes. ;) But I have always wanted a little sister. And that was a gift Stewart gave me. He has the most beautiful, kind, mature, fun, talented, and so fun to giggle with little sister Whitney. She is the little sister I always wanted. I adore her. I really count my in-law family and one of my most treasured possessions. I won the lottery when I married Stewart.

So this past week when we headed on our trek to Arizona to find us a house to live in we broke up the drive so we got to spend some time with Stewart's parents, Whitney, and  Great Grandma Rasmussen. It just so happened that little Miss Whit is approaching the end of her senior year...cant believe it! I mean she was only 9 when Stewart and I got married. tear. Anyways, The first weekend we were there she was prepping to take her senior pictures! Mom asked if I'd take them.Um, yes. What a fun thing to do! and I felt so flattered they'd ask me to do them! It was so fun. I helped her do her make up and pick out a wardrobe and then we headed to the park to play and take pictures. She is so beautiful it was a blast. And I got to be a big sister!


Then on our way back from our Arizona trip we arrived in Vegas on PROM DAY! Ahhhh! so fun. So again we got to do her hair, make-up, and dress her up like a princess and take pictures of her and her handsome Peeta look-a-like date. (Whitney said that when they won laser tag after the dance she thought just how very much they were like Peeta and Katniss! Winning the games! LOL I love that girl!) Anyways, I thought how grateful I was that we got to be there. Every youngest child deserves a little special attention and admiration after all the years they spend cheering for their older brothers and sisters. I hope Whitney knows that everyone cheers for her and adores her even if from afar. And maybe someday when she is married she will have a little sister too, and she can do her hair and adore her and watch her blossom into a perfect rose.

Here are some of my favorite pictures of my little sister. Its been a gift to watch her grow up and bloom into this amazing young women that is so virtuous and lovely. I love her to pieces.

Senior Portraits 





Prom Pictures







2 comments:

Lizz Andersen said...

Whitney is so beautiful! And good to the core! I love that little girl so much!!

Her senior pictures turned out amazing Emily! Way to go Mrs. Photographer - I love the angels and lighting that you chose. Her blue eyes were popping and the posses were nice too

Becca said...

Ohhh!!!! Thanks for this post!! I love you both, you and Whit....The pictures turned out amazing!!! I wish we could have been there for her too, but I'm glad you were!! This was such a tender post!! Thanks again!!