Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Moving

The almost a week of moving has been busy and stressful but it has gone well. We had been preping for so long that we were really well packed when it came down to it. I was able to get all the cleaning done that I wanted to so that was really great. Plus we were able to spend some fun times with our friends and neighbors too.

 On Sunday we picked up Stew's little brother Paul up from the airport and had a father's day dinner and then we did the last minute things like mopping the kitchen floor. Then Monday morning a bunch of friends from our ward showed up to help us move which was so nice of them. I bought Costco muffins and milk to say thank you a little bit. We had the truck loaded and the carpets cleaned in 2 1/2 hours. We did it in great time. I left a little house warming gift for the buyers and a little letter for them and I tried to leave the house in move in condition so I hope they are happy there. :O) Then we were off.

It was a long drive for Stewart and Paul in the big slow truck and it was long drive with me having four kids, two dogs, two fish, and one caterpillar to take care of while I drove for 8 hours. We had lots of stops with the combined forces of the kids and such but it was a fun drive all the same. We actually ended up arriving at mom and Dad Ras's house in Vegas at the same time as Stew and Paul in the big truck. Their slow speed and my many stops evened us out. Then the next day we spent there hanging out and going to Whitney's graduation. I highly recommend taking a break day in the middle of a move. It was so nice to have a day of rest! and just look at this girl! Can I say accomplished! so proud of her! and what will mom and Dad do without here?!??!?! I guess they will just have to vacation in Tucson a lot! LOL ;)

Then we were off again, this time to Tucson. But it was just Stewart, me, the dogs, the fish, and the caterpillar. :O) Our new ward had a great turn out with six big guys showing up and we unloaded the truck in an hour. We were able to get a lot done that first day without the kids there and then Stewart's family drove out with the kids so it was so awesome to have them there. I was sooooooo grateful for all their help. Having them with us helped it feel like a real home filled with family and fun. It was so great to sit back and watch as everyone splashed around in the pool even great grandma Ras. Just lovely. I keep wondering how on earth we have gotten to this point in life? How do we have four kids, two dogs, Stewart is a doctor, I am shopping at Costco once a week, and we have this big house with a pool? When did we get so grown up? So weird. But also so blessed.


I love Tucson. I just love it. One thing that is really cool is that Stewart's father found out that on Stewart's paternal grandmother's side there are two ancestors lines from the pioneer days who helped settle Tucson. All over Tucson are Binghampton and Farr history sites and hospitals named after them and its so cool to think we have so many roots here. His father was reading their family history stories from here in Tucson and it was just so cool to think we are back where his Farr side of the family started. Stewart is even named after the same ancestor who settled here,  his name being Stewart Farr Rasmussen. In the history they talked about going up Sabino Canyon for picnics and church dances and its just so cool since we live right off of Sabino Canyon Road! Just really amazing stuff to sort of feel like we are returning in some sort of way.  I bet that is partly why it just feels so good and right here. Like we fit in perfectly.  I cant help but think it is no accident that we are here living in the heart of Stewart's pioneer history sites, the very pioneer he is named after.

Our ward is really friendly and nice. They seem really social and outgoing and welcoming which is so great. There are a lot of students and residents in our ward along with the long time residents. I was hoping I would meet a bunch of mom's with kids my kids age but not so much. I guess most people who are in residency don't have four kids starting out. LOL. I guess I will always be a bit of an odd ball!  I think it will be fun being a friend to these beautiful women who are just starting out on the adventure of having kids. I think I will be hosting lots of play dates at our pool. :O)

So its been interesting and really an emotionally exhausting thing to say so many goodbyes and so many hellos; as well as physically exhausting to pack and unpack and load and unload everything we own all in one week. But life is good. We are really so happy. :O)



Hello next chapter of our lives...I think you are going to be awesome. I am already hooked.

0 comments: