
Okay, I love these people. I really love them. They threw us a goodbye party. Aren't they the sweetest people ever?!?! They have been my surrogate family for the past five-ish years and I am so grateful for their friendship and love for me and my family. From sleeping over when I was in labor, to running over when I had to take Stewart to the ER, from babysitting endlessly for me, girls nights, working in callings together -Nursery, Primary, and Young Womens, having Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners together, to play dates and preschool, from weekly play group, library time, and enrichment, from saving me when I locked my family out of the car, to calling me to see how I am doing just cause they thought of me, bringing us meals after I had my babies, walking groups, throwing me baby showers, going to the lake together, coming to our birthday parties, having fourth of July parties, picnics at the park, visiting teaching, home teaching, Sunday evening ward walks, Ward temple nights, praying for us and helping us build our fence, tutoring Bridger, and watching our kids grow up together,.... I LOVE these people. It is hard to imagine life without them. What will I do without Jenn? I honestly am not sure. She has always been just down the street always willing to help me when I am in need. We were laughing the other day how Stewart and I visited them with a plate of cookies when they moved in because they hadn't come to church for the first three weeks since they moved in because they had family stuff and we were trying to reactivate them. LOL What will I do without Janie and Anna and Jessica?!??!?!? Just the other night we went to the drive in movies with Jessica and Nathan and their cute kids. It was such a blast. I wont get to see their kids grow up and see what other little ones they are blessed to have. These women are so dear to me. When I grow up I want to be like them.
Really, living in our too small house that is worth 1/3 of what we paid for it was so worth it because I got to know, love, and live with these amazing people! I love Sparks first ward. I always will. It is so hard to think I may never see them again. When will I be back in Reno? But maybe we'll do a girls weekend once a every few years. I'd love that. But even if not I know heaven would not be complete without them. I sure hope I can make it up there so I get to be with them, I know they'll be there. Oh, my heart is aching. I will miss them so much. In just 7 days I will be driving away from Reno/Sparks and I may never be back. I cant believe it is finally happening. It is such a whirlwind of emotions. I think I may just sob for the first hour of driving.
3 comments:
Oh my goodness. This makes me miss so many people! I can tell you I for sure cried the first hour. And a few others. On the positive side, three years down the road, I can't imagine leaving HERE now! Moving is such a mixed bag...
Fun and sad! Good luck in AZ! We miss you guys!
Emily...I was so bummed when I realized we had missed your party! And so were the girls~Keira the everlasting drama Queen went on and on about how she will miss Bridger! It was so cute and true to form she has! Every week she notices him gone in primary.
It looks like you are doing so well getting everything settled there....Even though I am an airhead and missed the party I wanted you to know how you have been a wonderful example to me and I am so thankful to know you and your sweet family! We miss you!
Post a Comment