We had two graduations this past month. The first to graduate was
Angeli! She graduated from preschool. After two years of preschool she
is now ready for kindergarten! I cant believe I am going to have two
kids in school next year. I am a little nervous for her since she gets
super anxious and nervous about these big changes but I know she can
handle hard situations and I pray that she will make some really great
friends in her new school. She is very hard working, obedient, and smart so I know she'll do great academically in school she just needs to believe in herself and she'll be capable of anything! It was so cute how proud Bridger was of her. When she was singing and stuff Bridger kept getting teary eyed and saying how happy he was for her.
Ben also finished up his first year of
preschool! He is so sweet and smart. He was the youngest one in the class but he was one of the biggest! He is this sweet, giant of a boy with the most obedient little heart ever. They are getting so old! Oh, I adore them!!!!
Then we had Bridger's graduation! He did it! I cant believe we made it to this point so quickly! He can read and count, and add and subtract, write, and tell time, and all sorts so fundamental things that felt like they would never come. We are so proud of him. It has been a hard year with trying different medications to help him with his ADHD but by the last week of school we finally got a winning combo! YAY! Its hard because with his meds he'd get 100% on everything at school but then he'd get really depressed and moody. Cry a lot and stuff but without it he is bouncing off the walls, getting into trouble all the time and getting like 20% on everything. Its been emotional to get things sorted out. Our little guy has speech issues, has a learning disability in the area of taking in language input and then storing it correctly in his brain so its like this triple hit for him. It takes three times more consecration to talk, understand what people are saying and then to store things correctly in his brain. So when you add the ADHD to the mix it means his ability to concentrate is like three times lower for him then the average kid when he needs three times more concentration then the average kid to get things down. It is really hard for him. But he is so resilient, hard working, and smart. Thanks to his hard work we are finally getting there. I hope to have things really well tuned with his medications so when he starts school next year he doesn't have to deal with so many ups and downs. We are so proud of him. He works so hard, he deals so patiently with all that we ask of him, and we adore his huge delightful heart. Way to go Bridger!!!!



0 comments:
Post a Comment