We wanted to go to Tahoe one last time before we move so this past
Saturday when Stewart got off we loaded up the van and headed up to the
lake. It was a beautiful day and we had a lovely time. Since its still
spring we only got in 2 1/2 hours with it starting to cool off earlier
then we hoped. But even just those two hours were nice. I thought I
would be really emotional about leaving but honestly Stewart and I just
felt like we were done and ready to leave and it was really
non-emotional. I'm not a big crier when it comes to good byes. Goodbyes
aren't that traumatic for me because I am not one to linger in the past
or even the present very long. I'm always one step in the future. I do
mourn the lost experiences and not seeing my loved ones though, but
usually all by myself and slowly. I think I've only had like two really
emotional crying goodbyes in my whole life. So I am curious how these
goodbyes will go for me. The other day I had a last girl's night and it
was a lot of fun and then when I left I cried on the drive home. All by
myself and not very much and then when I got home I was okay again. I
think I will have pangs of sadness as the moments come when I would have
called my friends or seen them and then I will cry a little then. But
anyways...I got way off topic. :O)
So here are my
pictures of our last trip to Tahoe. We where thinking about doing the 2
hour lake cruise they do but the water was pretty choppy and I wasn't
sure how Genevieve would have handled it so even though I knew Stewart
would have loved it we opted out. Maybe if we ever visit again in years
to come we will do the little cruise. It is breathtakingly
beautiful up there. I recommend visiting there no matter where you are
from. Its a beautiful place.
Poor Stewart, I did a not
do a very good job putting sunscreen on him and he got really burned. I
forget that he burns so much more then me so I did like three times a
better job with him then me and thought that would be good enough but
not so much. Even the bottoms of his feet go burned. I think a year in
hospitals has softened him up a bit too much! ;) Good thing we are
getting a house with a pool! We'll be rock'n year round tans soon enough
;)
1 comments:
So fun! I miss that place, but I totally understand just feeling at peace with leaving...I was totally like that with leaving Reno...sad to leave family and friends, but so ready to move on and get where we were going! Good luck with everything and the move! Have fun in AZ!
Post a Comment