Yee-ha! We had us a cow girl party this year for Miss Angeli and it was a lot of fun to pull together. This was my final party and we had things worked out like a well oiled machine...except for the picture taking. I lost track of time and didn't really get any pictures taken and then the kids got there and so my pictures aren't as good this time around...like I didn't even get a picture of the awesome cowboy Stewart made for the shooting game or any pictures of them firing their guns off. Oh, well. Enjoy the pictures I got! :O)
This time I ditched the fondant as the base and used butter cream. I think I liked that better although i kept forgetting how soft it was and I'd nick the cake or something and then it wasn't as smooth and I wanted. Plus I made a tree and was done with the cake when I decided I hated the tree and so I turned the cake around and had to reposition everything...I wasn't really excited with it when it was done but it was three am and I was done whether I liked it or not. I think Angeli liked it...she wanted flowers and toy on it. :O)
When the girls arrived they each got to get all cow girly! They each got a pink cowgirl hat, a bandana, and a sheriff's pin. This was funny because the girls were already cowgirl-ed up! LOL So they just got extra cow girly! Then we were out for cow girl training. The first game was target practice. I failed to get any pictures of this. Each girl got a gun. They had to put them in their holster, and turn around then when I blew the whistle they had to turn back around and shoot the mean cowboy cutout Stewart made. Angeli was the fastest each time....don't ever take her on in a duel!
After that we played pin the tail on the horse. This wasn't as fun as I hoped but I think it was because all the other girls had played it so many times it was old news...my kid had never played it so they thought it was fun but Angli was embarrassed she wasn't "as good" at it as the other girls - which was a shame because the whole thing that makes this game fun is seeing how silly the horse looks with its tail all over the place.
Then it was stick horse races. They had to race with their stick horses around the balloon table and back. Poor miss Angeli got all stressed out and wouldn't race which sort of killed it but Stewart saved the day and got her to race him and then it sort of turned around the game. Party throwing for a child with anxiety issues is interesting. LOL :O) For her next party we will draw pictures and do crafts not running around and stuff. I think she cried with each game poor thing....she was just so worked up about doing well in front of her friends. Bless her little heart though because I got her to help her little friend who was sad because she wasn't the fastest (which I have to say none of the games had winners or losers but the girls couldn't help but get competitive about them) horse in the horse race and Angeli took her under her wing and helped her have fun which helped Angeli have fun. After that it was pinata time and this was everyone's favorite!
After the pinata it was time for cake and ice cream and presents. I decided at parties to serve chocolate milk and that is always the kids favorite. None of the parents would eat the cake(diets) but this cake was delicious if I do say so myself. :O)By the end of the day the girl had been so stressed out that she said she didn't like her party very much. OH, well! :O) I am glad she was honest. Next year we aren't doing a single friend party and Angeli is looking forward to that just as much as I am! LOL I think when the stress fades for her she will look back on it and have happier memories. At least I hope so! I mean look how cute it all was! :O) .... she wont let me take down the party decorations so I know she liked that part! :O)
2020 goals
6 years ago
2 comments:
Wow you're cute and go all out! I am sure she felt so special on her special day even if it was a little overwhelming for her! Give her a hug and kiss for us...I have been so rotten these past few months with calling and sending cards for birthdays. I am sorry about that!
Happy Birthday sweet Angeli! You're so beautiful!!
I'm exhausted just LOOKING at all these parties in such quick succession. You are wonder woman. Now, go take a nap! Until SPRING!
Post a Comment