Today Stewart and I had our 8th wedding anniversary. In some ways I cant believe that it has only been 8 years. It at times feels like my life just started when I met him. Thinking back to those first meetings all the fluttering emotions come flooding back into my mind. I feel like a young women again meeting that young handsome man who loved introducing me to all his friends, he was so proud to call me his. I remember on our first date as we sat and watched the movie my leg was just ever so slightly touching his and I couldn't help but be overwhelming aware that we were touching. :O) I remember us sitting in his car talking until 3am and him walking me to my dorm and giving me my first hug from him and thinking that this was the start of something special. Oh, all the thousands of my cherished memories that center around the fact that I had found my other half.
I remember our first kiss. It was magic. When I made it back to my dorm floor all my girl friends were waiting to hear all about it and I will never forget the squeals when I announced we had kissed and when I announced, "I could kiss those lips for eternity the giggles and laughter that erupted...And I really thought, "I hope I get to kiss him forever" and I am so lucky I will.
Stewart has been the happiest thing to have ever happened to me. He has only ever brought me joy and I love him more then I thought I could love. I am really one of those annoying giddy with love people that others love to roll their eyes at. He is just so perfect for me I don't think I'll ever get over it. I honestly thank God for him everyday. I miss him every minute we aren't together. Seriously. If he is in a different room then me for too long I will find myself like gravity pulled to that room just to be closer to him.
Our love story is so cliche its funny, but its mine and I love it and I love that I get to be the luckiest girl in the world. I spent my childhood and youth not really believing that that sort of joy would ever exist for me so to have it astonishes me daily.
Unlike all those other stories I tell year after year :O), I hardly ever share this one. Its special to me because it makes it so apparent how much God's hand has been in my life and how I owe every happy good thing to Him. The year before we met I remember one night as I read my scriptures and wrote in my journal about how yet again Valentines was approaching and I would not have a valentine the Spirit fell upon me so strongly. I had this overwhelming impression that my future husband was in need of my fervent prayers, that it was so important that I pray for him. I knelt by my bedside and prayed with tears streaming down my cheeks that he would be strengthened whatever ailed him. It was a really remarkable experience. I wondered what it could have been that he was dealing with, who he was, and where he was in his life, and I was thrilled that he existed. But I felt that he was teetering on the edge of something and that if he was not strengthened I would lose him. I worried for him that the Spirit would need to prompt me to pray for him. When we were engaged and I learned more about his hospitalization with his life threatening infection and ARDS I realized that was what I had prayed for, that he would survive. I could never doubt God's love for me, he gave me my Stewart.
I love my Eagle Scout man who is as hardworking, honorable, and as true as his pioneer stock. He's my favorite. I love my Mr. Rasmussen.
I made this really quickly just for kicks....enjoy! (Well, if you like seeing 27 frames of our faces then you will really enjoy it! ;) haha! But you get to see my new hair cut in the last pics...but then again my hair cut really does just look like every other hair cut I've ever had! Oh, Whatever! Enjoy if you can! ;)
2020 goals
6 years ago
1 comments:
Nice song choice! :) Cute video! What program do you use to make your picture videos?
Post a Comment