Monday, October 24, 2011

Stewart is getting really old!


Okay, not too old but he is getting old-ish. Were are both realizing that once you have four kids, own a minivan, a house, are a doctor, have no idea what songs Justin Bieber actually sings, and listen to talk radio when you are driving, you are in fact old. So to the point...My hubby turned 30! That is a big one! I was racking my brain to get all these really fabulous exciting things we could do to celebrate but then I realized that what my easy-going introverted husband would really like for his birthday is a "down day". So I called it our introverted birthday party and it was just that. In fact it was fun because in the end we sort of relived a day in the life of Stewart's childhood. :O)

Let him sleep in till 7 am! How sad is that?!?!? But I assure you that is sleeping in for him. Let him open presents in bed. Then I made him his favorite breakfast while he watched the Disney Nature movie I bought him, African cats...he loves wild cats and animals and such. Good movie.

After Breakfast we jumped on the trampoline all together which was really fun. He taught us all his childhood games. He was impressed I could jump on it without wetting my pants (its a I've had a million babies thing). The kids thought their dad was the coolest when he showed off all his back flips and stuff. Then we played the board game I bought him and the kids and he loved it.

Then we went swimming and had a great time playing in the water. Stewart loves swimming.

After swimming we ate my attempt to create his favorite Mexican resturant, Cafe Rio. It wasn't as good but it was still yummy. Dinner of course was followed by desert. My fanciest ice cream cake I have ever made. We were FULL.

It was simple but it was what I think he really wanted. He doesn't get many "just chill" days and so it was a real treat for him.

Oh, and least I forget...I bought him his dream b-day gift a month before since I knew he wouldn't get to enjoy it once he started his back to back ward rotations..... A big, flat screen TV. It is a smart TV which is awesome and its also 3D. The 3D is really so cool! He loves it. :O)

I did want to say how much I adore my husband. He is not only a great person who is so diligent in everything he does but he is my best friend and the perfect husband and father. He is such a good man. Solid through and through. I am so proud of him and all he has accomplished this year. It has been such a crazy year for him! Finishing medical school, becoming a father to four, matching and interviewing, taking months off to vacation, starting an etsy business with me, falling in love with woodwork, starting residency, and working so hard. I was listening to him talk on the phone the other day about his patients and I was so impressed with all he has learned and all his capabilities. His patients love him and he is such a hard worker. Plus he looks very handsome in scrubs! LOL. :O) I am so glad he is mine and that we have shared these past 8 years together. He is absolutely my favorite.

1 comments:

Cassidy said...

Happy Birthday Stewart!!