Okay so my life is crazy and to be completely honest very stressful and a bit sad right now....So today not yesterday I went to the store and bought all the food for the challenge. My sister helped me with the amounts I needed to buy since it doesn't give amounts on the shopping list, that was annoying. So I will list below the amounts she gave me if you want to try it too.
It was basically the worst shopping experience of my life. I left fighting back tears. I don't think it had very much to do with the "live the life" stuff but that did add an element of stress. I think if I do the program I will only go shopping for my food when I can go alone. I was having to read labels and stuff to make sure I was getting the right calorie, protein, carb proportion in my items I bought which was annoying too. I will list below what products I found that best fit their criteria. I think in time this would get easy as you got used to buying the same items over time. My sister said in the real program they tell what brand and items fit their criteria. So that would be good to have.
It was quite a bit of food. I guess you eat a lot in a week. It cost me about $ 70.00 for most everything minus the stuff I already had at home with the most significant thing I didn't buy being the chicken.
My sister said that she found it works for her best if she buys her food on Friday, cooks it on Saturday, assembles it into containers on Sunday, and starts her week on Monday. But you could do it all in one day...she has five kids so life is BUSY for her. I can relate. She said its a lot of food to cook at once but then your week is super easy as you never have to worry about what you will eat and when. I am hoping to get it all cooked and packaged for me to start on Sunday or Monday. I hope this is a good thing that will be a life style that will make my life easier not a giant waste of time and cause undue stress!
Amounts for a week:
Jillian Micheal's Protein Powder: 1 small can
Salsa: 14 TB
Brown Rice: 2 cups
Black beans: 2 cans
Corn: 2 cans
Pizza sauce: 1 small jar (14 TB)
Ranch powder: 14 tsp
Strawberries: 7 cups
Skim milk: 2 quarts
Cottage Cheese: 1 quart
Chicken: 28 oz.
Eggs: 21
Oats: 2.5 cups
Whole grain crackers: 84 (kashi original)
Jerky: 9 oz. (any type and flavor)
Tortillas: 7 of them (low carb whole grain kind)
Pitas: Whole grain 7
Deli turkey: 3.5 slices
Crystal light: 7 tsp
Oranges: 3.5
Baby carrots: 56
Cherry tomatoes: 56
Bell peppers: 2
Onion: 14 TB
Zucchini: 2 cups
2020 goals
6 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment