This is Stewart writing a post from Sacramento. I am away on my last interview for residency. Tonight Emily is sleeping at the hospital with our new Baby Genevieve, who was admitted for respiratory distress due to RSV. She will probably be there several days but so far things look like they should be ok.
Our family has been suffering with a cold for the past few days. We thought everyone looked stable when I left for my drive to Sacramento on Saturday where I would be staying with my uncle Shaun and aunt Sue. When I looked at the weather it was predicted there would be severe snow storms on Sunday. I figured I needed to get over Donner Pass before the snow fell so I wouldn't miss my interview.
This morning Emily called me and said she had some concerns about Genevieve's breathing. After hearing the symptoms I became very worried and told her she should take her to the hospital. I felt very torn. Should I try to drive home through the snow storm in my 2 wheel drive Honda and miss my interview at one of my top programs or abandon my family in their time of need.
Upon hearing our situation, Shaun and Sue grabbed their coats, extra blankets and a few supplies and jumped in their 4 wheel drive truck saying that they would brave the storm to be with my family so I wouldn't miss the interview. I have an amazing family.
Emily took Genevieve in and she tested positive for RSV and they were worried enough that they admitted her. It has been torture to be away from my kids today, but knowing that they are being watched over by family makes it bearable. Hopefully my interview tomorrow goes well and as soon as it is done I will make the drive to relieve my aunt and uncle and be where I need to be.
2020 goals
6 years ago
3 comments:
We will pray for you and your sweet family. Jacob had to be admitted to the hospital at six weeks for a fever and we were so worried and Bella had RSV last year. I can just imagine the worry that you are all going through with RSV in you sweet newborn. Good luck with your interview.
Oh man. I'm glad you have such great family. You guys will definitely be in our prayers.
Good luck in Sacramento!!!
Poor baby...we will keep you guys in our prayers!
Post a Comment