I knew when Bridger started primary he would need his own scriptures because in primary we have a scripture jar the kids get to put a marble in when they bring their scriptures and look up the scripture on the board. I thought if he had his own little bag it would make it easier to keep track of it. I knew if i made one for him I would have to make one for the other kids too. I had seen lots of cute bags but I wanted something masculine, super easy to do, and really cheap too...so I made this up. I sew like I cook, without a recipe or pattern. Thus they didn't quite turn out like I wanted but they are decent enough for me. The kids love them and they loved carrying them to church this week for the first time (although they did draw on them on the way to church their first Sunday having them - so annoyed!).
The best thing has been how much they love having their own little scriptures. These bags have fostered lots of testimony moments. When we do Scriptures at night they each get their scriptures out and pretend to read along. Very sweet.
2020 goals
6 years ago






4 comments:
So cute I love them!
So Cute! You will have to e-mail me your "pattern" I would LOVE to make that for Tracen!!!
Those are pretty cute! We are making some for our primary kids for the March Activity. We too have the scripture reward except we use those fuzzy balls. It sure makes a difference. The kids are bringing their scriptures every week and I love the habit it gets them into. You did a cute job with them! It shows that the kids really enjoy them!
Soooo cute!! I love them, you are so creative. I love your ideas!!
Post a Comment