Its not Spring anymore. Deep down I knew it could not last but I didn't think Winter would feel the need to make her point so strongly. Today we were going to have friends over for dinner and sit out on the patio and let the kids run around and play outside. We had been trying to get it all coordinated for over a month now. But we woke up this morning to find our patio table looking like this:
And the car like this:
We got a call informing us that church had been canceled due to the poor driving conditions. It wouldn't be that remarkable except we had had temperatures in the 60's for past two weeks and had spent everyday outside playing, going to the park, running and enjoying the sunshine. The day before the snow we were outside working in the yard in short sleeves and sandals. But not today.


We didn't have power for 14 + hours and thus we were pretty cold. But we had running water and that was good. Stewart visited all the widows and elderly from our ward that live in our neighborhood to make sure they were ok and shoveled their driveways and walks. Good man. :) By dinner we had power again and enjoyed a hot meal and a blaring heater. It was a good trial run in emergency preparedness. We have some things we need to go buy. :)
It was pretty and I got to make my first snow man...isn't that embarrassing? I have never made my own before. I have always been too cold, too pregnant, too busy taking pictures, or too busy holding a baby to get in on the action. But while dad was out helping others I took advantage of the perfect snowman snow and built me my first. It was good I took a picture, the kids killed him about 10 seconds later!
In every prayer the kids said today they have Thanked Heavenly Father for the snow even when were were curled up in bed all together trying to keep warm. They absolutely loved it. Nothing better then watching your children delight in the world around them. I guess I can survive a few more weeks of winter watching them love the wonder of snow.
2020 goals
6 years ago
4 comments:
wow...that is alot of snow!
I can't believe this!!! Its crazy!!!
Reno's winter to spring transition is totally freakish. There is absolutely no predicting it from year to year. My kids are jealous though--they kind of missed having snow this winter!
You have an adorable family. We love you and are thinking of you.
Love,
Aunt Linda
Post a Comment