
Stewart came into my life when I was starting a new chapter. I was 18 but really the maturity of a 25 year old, though a nervous one. I was finally free from the agony that was high school and ready to meet people that were happy to be alive and just as happy to be Mormon too. He came along and gave me everything I ever needed. When I was with him I felt so safe, so at home. That was something I hadn't felt in a long time. He really was an unexpected twist but the absolute best thing that has ever happened to me.
When we were dating and planning on marriage he let me read his patriarchal blessing. In it it listed attributes that he should look for in his future wife. I remember asking him if he thought I was those things. He said he thought I was. I was tempted to make him aware that I was not those things at all but, being a smart girl, I chose self preservation instead and kept my mouth shut.
That night I prayed fervently that I would be those things. :)
Only after a short while of being married I realized Stewart brought out the very best in me and I saw that I was indeed becoming those very things. I knew even clearer then that I had found my eternal companion, the man who could take me by the hand and help me be worthy enough to have eternal life. With Stewart by my side I learned to love myself, believe in my abilities, and have reason to smile through any hardship. I often feel like I can relate to Sister Marjorie Hinckley's sentiments, “You’ve always given me wings to fly, and I’ve loved you for it,”. I love my Stewart with all that I am and thank God for him everyday.

2020 goals
6 years ago
3 comments:
That was sweet! You two make a wonderful, perfect couple for each other. Happy Anniversary you guys!
So sweet! I love hearing/reading true love stories. :)
We are glad Stewart found YOU! Happy Anniversary!!! We love you guys!
Post a Comment