This weekend was wonderful. Exactly what I needed. There has been a lot milestones hit lately with birthdays coming right after another and our anniversary, gearing up for fourth year and how much Stew will be gone again, and worrying about all the uncertainties of life in general. I have been feeling a little sad to have to be growing up so much. But this weekend I got to reconnect with that young little girl and and the bright eyed RM that met and fell in love over six years ago.
On Saturday we had our primary activity and it was a big hit. Stewart dressed up as Mormon for it even and he was such a hunk! ;) He had a great time doing it and the kids all had a great time too. (Picture hopefully coming soon! - maybe even its own post)
Then I spent the afternoon cooking and baking! Oh, I love cooking and baking. Heaven. That night we went to our wards Valentine dance. And to be honest we were worried we'd have an awful time. But we polished up nice and hit the dance floor with all our rusty old moves. It was fun, really fun. It was a bunch of us oldies dancing like we were 16 again. It was funny how we were all complaining about our sore hips and backs! LOL I really loved having my girl friends dancing their hearts out with me. I really feel like our ward is family. I love them all so much. AND flirting with my husband like we were dating again was so much fun. I felt like a teenager again with the cutest boy at the dance on my arm. It was fun, plane old fun.
After taking the babysitter home we stayed up late watching a chick flick and woke up Sunday morning excited about our family Valentine's party the kids and I had been prepping for for weeks.
Stewart and I cooked together, laughed, chased the kids around, made our house a "celebration of love" with all our homemade decorations, and ate the best cupcakes in the world.




I bought him the movie UP! and I made him our own little adventure book. It was good enough to make him tear up. :) I scrapbooked the adventures we have had thus far and then I scrapped the adventures we hope to have someday. I hope as the years go by we will add hopeful adventures, unexpected adventures, and document the highlights of our wonderful life together. I was so glad he loved it as much as he did.
Then on President's day we were busy with my business appointments and Stew's studies for most the day. The kids played the entire day in the back yard soaking up the unusually warm spring like day we were having. Watching them enjoy our new back yard was so so rewarding.That night we had dinner with our friend and his little boy and went to bed feeling like all was right with the world.
I know this weekend doesn't sound that miraculous but really there was something in the air... something that made me smile the entire weekend non-stop. Maybe because it was so warm and spring like, maybe because my husband is so dang cute, maybe because I was so grateful for how far we have come,...I don't know. But seriously I am sort of dreamy eyed just remembering how nice it felt to be me this past weekend. It was miraculous to me. :) What can I say more? I loved celebrating us some LOVE!
2 comments:
Emily, I love the adventure book!! I might have to copy your idea for our Anniversary or something!! Sooooo cute!!
That's such a fun idea for your anniversary. I also love that you got a salad spinner. Josh gave me one our first valentines together as a married couple. I kind of thought is was WAY too practical then, but now I don't know what I'd do without it! =)
Post a Comment