Before I set out on my monster trek to see the "doc to be" over the thanksgiving holiday I talked to my sister about her delivery plans. She said she didn't need any help. BUT, it just didn't sit right with me. Sure she is wonder women and all but I know she would have a lot more fun if I were around! ;) So I twisted her arm until she finally asked me to come. Happily a visit to Phoenix was added to our itinerary. After we regained some strength from our Disneyland fun and my car got out of the shop the kids and I headed to AZ. It was so fun to be with my sister again. Sisters are the best thing in the world! This being her fifth baby I was given the responsibility of watching all seven kids (including my own) and the two cats and a horse - oops, I mean dog - while she did the real work of having a baby. The best part was that at the last moment we asked her super cute neighbor to watch the kids while I dashed over to the hospital for the birth. My sister made birth look like the easiest thing ever and baby Seth was absolutely perfect. You know how most newborns are at their ugliest right after birth because they are all puffy and covered in yuck and their heads are all shaped funny? Well, not this kid. He was perfect.
The seven rascals, as they really all are, had lots of fun partying. When I heard that the hospital was giving Bethany and her hubby a romantic dinner the night after Seth was born I knew the kids and I had to have some fun of our own. We had a kid party. :O) The next day we made a little birthday party for baby Seth for his homecoming. The kids made the cutest banner you have ever seen and we had a birthday cake, balloons,...I sort of cant turn down an opportunity to throw a party. It was really fun.
Then the worst case of pink eye struck and thus it was time to hit the road for Vegas. After one sleep we head to Reno. And found ourselves missing the absolutely perfect weather of Los Angeles, Las Vegas, and Phoenix. I do not like being cold. But more then that I miss being able to hang out with Bethany in person instead of talking on the phone for two hours daily. Miss you!





2020 goals
6 years ago
2 comments:
He is so adorable! Congratulations!
Sooooo cute, I'm glad you were able to be there!! What a huge blessing!! Sisters are the best!
Post a Comment