Monday, December 14, 2009

Home

I am home. It feels nice. Today was stressful. I drove by myself with three kids two having terrible pink eye, one having diarrhea, I having a fun case of PMS, through pockets of fog for seven and a half hours, being so sleep deprived, and having no movies or anything for the kids. I arrived home to find massive amounts of snow, that our house has no water, and discovered broken pipes. So what do I do? I over pay a plumber, realize we do have water under our house, shovel a mountain of snow so I can park my car, realize I am getting pink eye too, listen to a million messages I will reply to tomorrow, stare blankly at the pile of business stuff I have to catch up on and the unpacking to do, and realize we haven't even thought about Christmas yet,.....BUT I still feel all calm and happy inside. :) Why? Because my Stewart is coming home in four days and he is actually staying home for an entire semester! After that we'll have an even higher degree of madness to deal with but in the mean time we can just be. Oh, what simple exquisite joy. That is all I want for Christmas. To gather around our tree all together with no noise from the outside world and teach our children all about Christ. Lovely. Then to be able to say goodbye to an extremely busy, fun, challenging, and eventful year while stepping into a new year well rested just tops it off as a dream come true.

Just four days and I am there. :)

2 comments:

Karrasch Clique said...

You are AMAZING!!! I am so glad that you get to enjoy having Stew home. We should get together over the break and let the kids play...and us too! Merry Christmas!

Becca said...

I'm glad you are finally home. I'm even more glad Stew will be home with you soon too. Good luck getting everything done and ready for Christmas. I wish I could just come and pick up the kids for an day of fun with Aunt Becca while you get your shopping done... Love ya.