This past Saturday we drove up to Spooner and Tahoe Lake for a day of family fun. It was a beautiful day. We first went on a short 2 1/2 mile, but not so short with kids, hike around Spooner lake. It was really pretty. There were so many wild flowers that I really loved. Everyone we met hiking around the lake was so nice. Letting the kids pet their dogs and such. After our hike we had a picnic and then we drove a couple miles down to Sand Harbor at Tahoe and played in the water for awhile. It really was the perfect day! Here are some pictures of our adventures.
Angeli loved the back pack until Bridger got tired and wanted a turn in it. Once she was able to hike on her own she wanted nothing more to do with the back pack.
Bridger loves the out doors. Everything from rocks, sand, and ants are exciting for him. We had to stop every couple of feet to let him explore something grand and new! I love seeing our kids enjoying the simple things so much.
Here is our trail blazer Angeli. We were surprised at what a tough hiker she is. She must have walked a third of the hike all by herself. Isn't she so cute just a hike'n away!?!??!?! The grass was taller then her but she just knew she was a big girl that could take on anything all by herself.
Bridger is such a handsome little guy. I think one of his favorite parts of the hike was saying "hi" to everyone that passed us up. We love how friendly and excited he is about life, what a joy!!!
2020 goals
6 years ago
7 comments:
oh just seeing this post gets me really excited for your visit!! We are going to have soooooo much fun!!! We love you guys!!
Your kiddos are so cute! Looks like a beautiful place to hike.
emily - this is kami larsen from the grandview 7th ward...i just came across your blog and thought i'd say hi! travis & i also have a blog. send me your email address {kamille.larsen at gmail.com} and i'll add you to our list because it's private. we had a baby boy named max on april 20th and are really enjoying parenthood! we hope you guys are great and miss having you around!
I think you are the best picture-taker I've seen. I love all the photos of just LIFE that you have up here :) And what a fun adventure. I'm wondering how Landon will do when we go hiking -- I think he'll outpace us for sure. :)
Beautiful pictures and what a fun, relaxing day. I love the tired picture of the kiddos at the end. How fun it must be to turn around and see those precious two kids in the backseat. They are too cute. Have fun in Utah!
P.S. ***** That was some extra luck for no car trouble on your trip either!!
Thanks for coming to visit us! We hope to make it out to Reno one of these days. Good luck with the new baby and everything else you have going on.
I love see your little ones! They are so sweet!...and I wish Eden had that much hair! ;-)
Post a Comment