Today was a busy fun day. First of all, happy father's day to all you dad's out there!!! Especially to my hubby, my sweet Dad, and my gracious Dad Ras. You are all so wonderful! Thanks for all you do for me and those I love!
Today was crazy in my new calling. Let me expand. Today our first counselor was gone (haven't seen her yet, had a baby three/four weeks ago), the secretary was gone, the chorister was gone, the nursery was without teachers whom I had to find subs for and in our small ward it is hard to find them. Then on top of that we were supposed to be orienting new teachers that the last presidency called and we had no idea where they were supposed to be teaching. I was supposed to be teaching sharing time all at the same time. The president and I were fine but a little ... lost. The president has never been in primary before and has been in our ward a grand total of three weeks. With me being so closed off to the world of nursery we are a bad pair when it comes to knowing who the heck is who! But we made it. Sharing time went well and in the end it was really rather fun. I swear I walked half a mile in circles around my church building running to the library and such. I feel really bad for the president. I will be leaving for a month in two weeks. Everyone better come back by then or bless her heart, she'll be doing a one man show!!!
2020 goals
6 years ago
3 comments:
Good luck with your new calling! It is always a little hard when you have to learn the ropes the hard way and summer doesn't seem to be the exception. It seems like that is when everyone is gone! I get to help out in the Primary Presidency the whole month of July because of everyone in the Presidency in our ward is either having babies or vacationing! I am excited! It's funny how I take things for granted like how Relief Society or Primary runs so efficiently but it really is the great people in the Presidencies that make things run so smoothly. I bet it was fun for you to be back in primary though and I know you'll do a good job.
I can't believe your vacation is coming up. I hope you guys have a wonderful time! Luv ya...
P.S. We'll have to chat on the phone sometimes soon....
Your new calling sounds a little familiar as of this last sunday -- I'm the primary president in my ward now. yikes!
Good luck in your new calling! I know what you're going through. (we can't escape primary, huh?)
love,
deana hayes
Oh, I'm glad you survived!!! I can't wait for you to come and play with us!! It will be soooo good to be together again!!
Post a Comment