I love the Twilight series. I mean, who has read them and not become an addict? My only problem is that they are so dang popular! I have an issue with popular things. Harry Potter, scrapbooking, Cell phones, I Pods, and Mac computers all have given me the same issues. They are just so popular I decide I want nothing to do with them. It must just be my pride. I do not like feeling like I am being compelled to do things. I like to think it was my idea and not someone else's. Why am I that way? I guess if I were a big music, reading, computer, and craft buff I would not feel that way. But because I am not, I totally feel like a poser. If I am doing it just because everyone said it was cool then it feels rather fake. But despite my total lack of true reading passion I love Harry Potter and I love Twilight. I never wanted a cell phone because it was so over done but then I really really was addicted to them. Despite my little craftiness I really enjoy scrapbooking. And although I do not own a Mac or an I pod I think they are really truly awesome. Yup, its true I must be a poser!
But I can live with my poser love of Twilight, I like it just that much! I am throwing a Twilight party at my house! I am soooo excited about it! Stewart is really embarrassed about it, every time I bring it up he cringes. Sorry hun, but I think it will be a blast! You are all officially invited!!! It is the night before the book release. August 1st. All fans are invited or anyone who wants to eat a lot of red food (going with the vampire theme -blood) and listen to people obsess about vampires, romance and guessing what will happen next! I think I might make a trivia game to help us all remember the books before we read the next one. Oh, I am so excited! Food, a fun theme, and socializing! Who could ask for more!?!
2020 goals
6 years ago
7 comments:
Hey Emily! So, I too have the same problem, but how sad is it that my students at school were the ones to introduce me to the lovely Edward and Bella! It is amazing that vampires have taken me over! Sounds like it will be a fun party!
Sounds fun!! I want to come, maybe we'll just have to have a pre-twilight party when you are here!!! I'm not as obsessed about twilight has lots of my friends...their are girls in my ward who have read them 5-6 times each...not that I wouldn't enjoy doing that but...anyways I'm excited for the movie to come out. Have your read The Host? I haven't read it yet, let me know if you think I should...I probably will just because Stephanie Meyer wrote it...ok I'll stop rambling on and on... Love you!!
Ooh, I'm there! It's totally on my calender! Yay for poser parties!
Sounds soooo fun! Wish I could come. I went to one in Galveston and it was fun. We played Twilight Pictionary. Such fun! I can't WAIT till the book comes out!
That sounds like a blast! What a great idea.
Man, I wish we lived closer! At least I will be with you in thought...I can't wait for the next book to come out. My sister and I read the first chapter online.
I have the same issue but it's the other way around in that I would never even pick up a Vampire book if it weren't for the pressure of everyone telling me to read it. I've held off still wondering if I should cave and just read the dumb books!
I'd like to go to a party of yours, but again, I'm not sure I relish the whole "blood" theme...yuck!
Post a Comment