Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Number Three So Fast?

I have been trying to figure out whether I would consider myself an easygoing person or an intense person (simply because I am annoyingly introspective!). I finally realized today that I am easy going compared to my old days but nonetheless, I am intense. I came to this conclusion when I was thinking about me being pregnant again. When people tell me that they could never have their babies that close I find it odd that I don't feel the same way at all. It makes way more sense to not rush, but I feel I could never not have them super close. In fact I feel like we waited quite awhile to have this one, if I had to wait one more month to get pregnant (Stewart can verify this) I would have been near suicidal. LOL, I was a mess! One year break between babies!?! To me that is huge! :) Looking at the numbers I am going to have three kids two and under. Not for very long mind you, but still having three kids under three is saying something. I have had a baby in 2006, 2007, and now I will have a baby in 2008. A baby a year is a bit much. :O) But really I have never been one to do things in an easygoing manner. When I decide I am going to start working out, I WORKOUT! I do a workout video every morning, run six miles everyday, I like to throw in a walk "for the kids", and sit-ups too if I am board. When I decided I was going to go to college, I went to COLLEGE! I started at BYU and then 3 years later I graduated. I did every term and semester I could...why take a break?!??!?! So I guess when I decided to have babies, I am HAVING BABIES! I make up my mind and then I am full-steam ahead. I am just built that way - I must get it from my dad, that is how I would describe my father. I really am depressed when I don't have something to obsess about, OCDish and true! So that is my explanation to the world about baby number three. I don't really feel I need to have one or even that anyone cares much, but I guess I just wanted to write about it. :O) Basically it just plane makes me happy to go forward so darn fast. I love thinking that when I do toddlers I will do toddlers to the max, and when we do elementary school then we will REALLY be doing elementary school, and WOW! the high school years will be a blur!!! I find that just perfect for me and the tempo I thrive at. I feel grateful that we have been able to get pregnant when we have wanted to, each person gets the spacing they need and I guess we have gotten ours = close!

However, in my defense to those who find rushed people annoying, I often feel the same way!!! I adore my husband because he is not rushed at all. He is the essence of calm. He makes sure that I can still watch TV, eat tons of cookies, not fold the laundry, never scrapbook, bypass workouts, let the dishes pile up, and toilets turn yellow and miraculously I don't stress one bit about it. Thank heavens for wonderful people like Stewart in the world that keep rushed obsessive types like me grounded!

I decided that I am actually going to take pregnancy pictures this time around. It may be more of a chronicle of weight gain then tummy growth :) but I am going to do it anyways. Here I am at 8 weeks.


I think that is pretty big for eight weeks, but I know most people would think that is weak! :O) I am now five weeks further along. I will take a picture this week sometime. I am not sure if my tummy is much bigger but my thighs sure are! That will at least be fun to see! LOL

I am due December 9th. I am now 13 weeks along. The past two weeks I have been feeling pretty good as far as morning sickness goes, I am a bit nervous that I am feeling too good and maybe miscarrying but then I threw-up on Monday. That left me more reassured that our baby is still doing it's thing! You go baby! :)

6 comments:

Becca said...

Cute tummy Emily!! I can't wait to see more pictures!! You are adorable!!!

Anne Marie said...

You look beautiful!!! I am glad you're starting to feel a little better. I think everyone has to do kids at their own pace. There are some very lucky spirits who get to join you. You walk tall, with your head high, when people ask you questions or make comments about having kids close together. You are doing a noble work and should feel proud of yourself.

Beth said...

Good luck, Emily. I'm overwhelmed all the time with my kids...maybe I need to be more easy-going or something. You're a cute prego!

Cassidy said...

You're due 3 months after me! That will be 2 kids we'll have close in age! Someday we'll have to get together and let them hang out. By the way. . .I wish this baby and Carter were closer in age. I've been wanting baby #2 since Carter was probably 6 months old, too bad Bo thought otherwise. I like the kids closer. Better friends, and more fun!

Kip and Lindsay said...

Emily, I wish that I could be more like you, gung hoe about things. That is so awesome! I am ALWAYS really excited about things at first, (ie: scrapbooking, working out, reading books, etc.) and then the excitment wears off and I'm not so great at finishing books or staying on top of the scrapbooking thing. YAY for people like you. You are so cute, I truly admire people like you! :0) So tell me how far apart will the 3 kiddos be? That will be so fun! I bet they will have no problem at all keeping each other entertained! That means less entertaining you need to do! :0) CONGRATS!

Andelin said...

Cute tummy!