Monday, June 2, 2008

A Day at Tahoe

We loaded up the family with the kid's Uncle Lee (My sister Bethany's husband) and headed to Tahoe for some mountain fun while he was in town picking up his new hot ride - our funny little truck. It was a lovely day at Tahoe. We played on the beach, climbed lots of rocks around the shore, did some super easy path hikes, and had a great picnic. The animals at our picnic site were obviously very used to humans. At one point we had four squirrels and about ten birds hanging out very close to our food. Bridger and Angeli loved being so close to them and chasing them away when they got too friendly. :O) The kids and us were in heaven and it really was beautiful. I am already planning our next trip. If I get my way it will be this weekend!




Stewart is one of those that reads the little placards at museums and zoo's and other such places. In his and Lee's reading we learned some interesting facts about Tahoe.

- It is the third/second deepest lake in The U.S., tenth deepest in the world
- It's surface water never gets hotter then 70 degrees
- Is drained only by the Truckee River which is our river that passes our home
-The Trukee river is the river that makes Pyramid Lake in Nevada
-Tahoe was formed by moving plates and glaciers
- Twenty rivers and streams fill it today
- the water is super clear and blue!!!

6 comments:

Becca said...

Wow, it's soooo beautiful! I'm glad that you guys were able to go and it looks like you all had a blast!!! We can't wait to be able to hang out soon!!! Love you guys!!

Kirsten said...

Oh my gosh! What a beautiful place. I remember going there when I was little. The water is so blue too...I am happy for you guys. I am sure it was fun to relax and get away for the day and enjoy such a beautiful place!! I hope you get to go back this weekened too!

Anne Marie said...

Very beautiful. Sounds like a great adventure.

Tiffany Fackrell said...

that looks so fun, and beautiful!! I can't wait for david to have a job so he isn't constantly doing homework on the weekends and we can go do fun things! We are almost done, I just have to keep telling myself that!

Cassidy said...

I'm glad you had fun! Family time is the best! Picnic's rock too!

Andelin said...

It looks so Gorgeous! Lee had a great time too! Thanks for the "Tony Truck" (what I call it)!