Tonight was our Ward's Pinewood Derby. I am sure I attended my brother's at some point of my life but I really have no memories of them so in many ways this felt like my first time doing the pinewood derby thing. Stew and I made our family's little car. It certainly didn't win any speed races, or any special points for looks but it sure won Bridger's heart. When it was time to put it on the track he bawled and bawled. Our poor guy thought he'd never get it back. After one official race we had to withdraw from the competition because it was too traumatic for Bridger. He then carried it around the rest of the night and showed it off to everyone that would let him. His favorite thing was that there were little pictures of our whole family...yup, we did our van with all of us in it. Bridger would walk up to one of the young men and point out to him that there was mommy, daddy, him self, and baby!!!! I mean that really is something else!!! :O) After the races we got to let Bridger race his car all by himself and he had a ball. He is sleeping with it right now. I think it might be the favorite toy for the next little bit. We had fun making some new memories and I am excited for all the years we have ahead with Bridger being able to get even more into the great fun that is pinewood derby.
2020 goals
6 years ago
5 comments:
That is absolutely too adorable. What a great idea, to have a ward pinewood derby. Seriously, boys and cars go together so naturally.
Your car is too cute. Very good job on the painting! I can just picture how excited Bridger was with his car. It seems some of the best toys or possesions our kids like are the ones we take the time to make our selves. Pinewood derbies are so much fun and it is fun to see a little ward competition going on!!! Tell Stew he needs to start getting YOU in some pictures too! ;-) Luv you guys lots!
So cute! I've never heard of a ward pinewood derby. sounds like a lot of fun! Such a cute car! That is a treasure. I hope you hold on to that one, it captures a moment of time in your family's life that's worth remembering!
P.S. Congrats to Stew on his finishing his first year! Way to go Dude! you're a stud!
I love you guys!! ~Bethany
I love it!! What a fun idea!! I think our ward needs to have a pine wood derby too. That would be a blast!! I love how you said Bridger was sleeping with the van. My kids do that all the time when they are really excited about a new toy!! It was sooo fun talking to you on the phone! We are excited to have you guys come and stay with us!! We will have a blast!!
That's such a cute car/van! The best pinewood derby cars are always the one's with personality. I think yours wins!
Post a Comment