Sunday, May 25, 2008

NEW CALLING!!!

For forever I have been the one that gets called and then left there until...we move. I had resigned myself to being in the nursery for forever just like in my last ward had left me as the senior primary teacher from my second week there until we moved three and a half years later. My mom always tells me that I never get moved because I do such a good job at my callings. :) Well, I must have messed up the nursery because I finally got called to a new calling. I am so excited about it largely because I finally get to work with more then one other adult. I am the Second Counselor in the Primary. I really love Primary and feel like I know it well so I am excited to get to work more closely in it. I really enjoy everyone who is in there with me. When I was called my first reaction was shock that I was actually called to a new calling and then I was worried for Bridger. He is so used to having his mom there. When I would even step out to get water or something he'd freak out. So last night Stewart gave him a blessing. I know that is so dorky but I felt it would help him. Today was my first Sunday away from nursery and he didn't even miss me! :) Now I just need to pray for the new nursery leaders to be brave and strong because it is seriously a crazy bunch. I really enjoy those kids and honestly love them. I even missed them today. I sort of feel parental - I am worried that whoever is called might not love them like I do. :) There are a couple little boys - my son very VERY much included - that range from crying for mom all the time to hitting all the time that make it more like a zoo then anything else so it is hard to keep level headed. I am grateful I am the counselor over the nursery. I hope I can still be a help. Anyways, yay for me! And I oversee the Activity Girls too! One of my old callings I know and love. What a great calling I have! Yay! Yay! Yay! :)

5 comments:

Beth said...

I love the Primary, too! I love being a teacher and sitting there during singing time, thinking about how we're doing such an important job in teaching gospel principles to these beautiful kids!!!
And Asher had the WORST time when we moved to our new ward. I was in the nursery with him in our old ward and then NOT in the new ward, and he cried and cried in there until he moved to Sunbeams. Sad. I hope Bridger's easy transition lasts and lasts!
P.S. I'm so sorry you're sick! Please bless you'll get better soon!

Karrasch Clique said...

He Emily! I am so glad you found our blog. I am actually having the play group at my house this week on Wednesday if you would like to come. its at 10:00. So let me know!

Sara

Debbie Brough said...

Hooray! I'm so glad you're in a calling where you can get to know more people, and that you didn't get stuck for so long as our ward! (The Tucker's are still w/ the older boys in primary and they were in that calling before we moved in almost 4 years ago... I wonder if they will ever have a change! :) Hooray - I'm so happy for you! :)

Kirsten said...

Wow...how fun!! What a perfect calling for you. You always have such cute ideas and you are so creative. This will be the perfect calling for you for sure. Congrats!!! I think that is so neat that Stewart gave him a blessing. It will be good for Bridger too to get to know some other teachers as well. Oh..I am excited for you!! Primary is such a fun place to be! I miss the primary days!

Andelin said...

You'll do a great job!