Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Little fall highlights

Well, I haven't had much to blog about lately because we have been busy, sick a lot, and not doing much worth talking about. But there were two high lights from this Fall season that I wanted to share about. First, was our fall break. With the kids out of school and Stewart having a week off we wondered what we should do and alas with how tired, sick ,and poor we were we just kept it really simple. We road our bikes, Stewart cut me some wood decorations for Halloween which he loved getting his wood shop up and running again, we spent a day up on Mt. Lemmon and it was like heaven for me to be in nature - I need that regularly, went for our last chilly swim, we worked on little craft projects I had wanted to do, got a membership to the zoo and had a great day there, celebrated both my and Stewart's birthdays, and enjoyed the cooler temperatures. It was nice to take life at a slower pace and not feel so rushed and stressed about folding laundry, rushing to school, throwing together last minute preschool lessons , and all that daily stuff that is not very fun. It was needed R&R and we really enjoyed it.









  Another fun thing this fall was a fun visit from Grandma and Grandpa Rasmussen. It is hard for them to get away ans so we really appreciated their willingness to re-organize their lives to see us. It was a little funny that there was no Whitney with them...missed her. :( We had a lovely time. We went to the school Fall carnival, did our Saturday karate lessons and sports with the boys, took the kids to their primary program practice, went and did mini golf on Saturday, and then Sunday we enjoyed watching the kids in the primary program. Mom and Dad Ras always bring with them so much of a sweet spirit and it was nice to re-connect and be together again. The kids keep asking when they are coming again and when we will be going to see them and it is really sad to think it might not be until next summer. Bummer. But we are glad we had the time we did have with them.




1 comments:

Lizz Andersen said...

I all all these pictures! It makes me miss you guys! I wish you were coming up to Vegas for Thanksgiving - then we'd be able to see you guys! That would be fun...I don't even know when the next time we'll be able to see you is :(

The kids are all growing up so fast. Angeli is beautiful just like her Mamma! Genevieve is such a little princess - totally adorable! Bridger is one good looking son of a gun and from what I hear super smart too. A cute little Benji makes me smile! This new little one that's on their way is so lucky to have this awesome family!

You making good friends? It seems like you all are having a great time down in Tuscan :) Being "new" can be hard but it stretches us and helps make us into better people! Keep reaching out and being your wonderful self! :) You're an example to me Em! I sure love you!! Kisses from Me, Nathan and Harlito!!