Okay I know this is too much, Hello its the day before Thanksgiving but as I blissfully started my Thanksgiving prep this morning this vision of a beautiful Christmas party for the residents came to my mind and I was so excited about it I just have to write it down or I'd be stressing all day trying to remember all the little details of a party I wish would be. - you can tell I am excited when my sentences are major run-ons.....
Do I have the budget for this? No. Would it go off really well? Maybe. Will I do it? Maybe. But this is the second time I've had this idea for a resident Christmas party come rushing into my mind with the most joyful excited feeling ever. Then followed by the reminder that part of the reason we felt like we should rent this house was because it'd be a gathering place, a party house and that was part of what we were to do with our time here in Tucson. So maybe Gods wants a party to be thrown! ;O) - Stewart will love that reasoning! hahahah
Here are my party plans in all their glory!
The Buffet:
-Creamy Alaskan Crab Soup - One of my favorite soups ever
-Homemade (meaning I roast the beef myself...yummmmm.)Roast Beef sandwiches - build your own
-Ham, Swiss, and French mustard sandwiches
-Huge Beautiful Garden salad with options for homemade blue cheese dressing, ranch, or vinaigrette.
-Sparkling punch & nice icy water
Guests Bring:
- dessert or an appetizer to share
Decorations/Ambiance :
-our normal decorations
- twinkle lights on both patios with tables and chairs set up out there (its warm here)
- pretty red and green candles lit on each table
- fun Christmas music playing
Kids:
- they get to play on the swing set (provided we buy one and get it put up) - major stretch, & trampoline
- they can eat all the treats they want
- play with all the other residents little kiddos
Doesn't that sound elegant, fun, festive, and yummy? Well it does to me.
Happy Thanksgiving! I've got to go clean the kids rooms, clean the hall bathroom, run to costco and give the little Ben and Gen a bath because they are covered in "moon sand". All in the next 2 1/2 hours. Ready go!
2020 goals
6 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment