Thursday, November 1, 2012

Expelliarmus! Oh, and Happy Halloween too.

Well Halloween 2012 has come and gone. I was so happy with how well everything went! It was such a hectic day and I was praying almost constantly that it would all go well and it did. So grateful. Here is the quick play by play of the craziness...So Halloween morning I woke up early and actually put makeup on...big deal these days, and we were off! First it was to the babysitters for the Ben and Gen to get baby sat. Then we raced to the school where I dropped the kids off and then busily go to work setting up for the first grade Halloween bash. It went well. I didn't want all the classes together but oh, well. It was fun even though it wasn't as fun  as it could have been. Then it was time to quickly clean up everything and race to the babysitters to get the Ben and Gen, get them food at the gas station (awesome), and then to the next babysitters. Then I was racing back to the school to set up for Angeli's class party. The class came back from lunch we helped them into their costumes and took the class picture. We partied until school was out. Then we cleaned up, loaded the big kids up and raced to the babysitters again to pick up the exhausted Gen and Ben. Then we headed home and unloaded the van, got it cute for the trunk or treat, Stew surprised me with getting home early enough to help get he kids ready, and we were racing to the trunk or treat. At the end of that we headed home and did some door to door trick or treating in our neighborhood. All this was done with my Zofran having run out the day before, blows my mind that I made it through. I was Tired!, Happy!, Grateful it went so well!, and Relieved it was done with!

I think the kids had a lovely day. They really were the cutest things ever. And we found that trick or treating in Tucson is weird. It is so dark here. They have "light pollution" laws here so no street lights in residential areas and in our neighborhood the houses are spread out and rather far back on their lots and not the brightest of lights so it was really dark. and we found ourselves repeating to the  kids, "stay on the walkways or you might walk into a cactus." Its odd that we had to be saying that to our kids. But I have to say trick or treating in temps that weren't freezing was the awesome. I was in a sun dress and flip flops. Hello how nice is that!?!?!

So enough of me and my experiences here are the cutest Harry Potter, Hermione, Ron, and Hedwig the world has ever seen! 



  This was taken as I pretended to toot.... classless I know. they were dieing...but it got a cute picture. :)

 This picture really  was that way on its own...they are disapparating! I loved that. 

 Hedwig
 it's that tie cute? I asked Stew to make one for her and he did...love him, love her. btw by the time I moved the owl hair out of her eye she was not holding still at all for me anymore. so sorry her eye is covered up!

Hermione 

Ron
Isn't Ben's hair just too much...he loved it!

Harry Potter

This was her first Halloween where she got to really do it all by herself. She loved it. She couldn't believe people were really handing out candy.  I am not sure if there is a better holiday for toddlers!

And the kids loved the doughnut eating contest and the pinata. What fun ideas that our other church trunk or treats never did before. So fun. 

3 comments:

LFP said...

Beautiful children and family! Those costumes are adorable! Glad you're settling into your new home.

AdaMandy said...

Oh my goodness! Your kids look so stinkin cute! It has been forever since I've checked this, it's nice to see what life is like for you guys. Busy and fun as usual. Hope all is well. Glad your Halloween was so great!

Tiffany Fackrell said...

Zofran?? Did I miss something?

Super cute costumes for some super cute kids!