The level of pending change in my life is tremendous. (the never ending pending sale of our house, the pending move, the pending buying of a new car, the pending trip to Tucson to pick out a rental home, pending pregnancy,....) I am so not good at being patient about it all. I cant wait until its time to actually act instead of waiting and trying to prepare. I just have to remember that it all comes in the Lord's timing and His timing is the always the best.
My best friend since I was 6 months old called me today and we were talking about our lives and how we both are in this odd limbo. We likened it to the Lord telling you that you have something great in store waiting for you down the road but then he blind folds you. He simply says "Walk". You feel the spirit whisper that you must remember that the Lord is there by your side, that he is guiding you, and He will not let you get lost. And so you start to walk and there are obstacles that make you wonder if He is being as attentive and you think he should. But then at times you can feel him guide you,sometimes barley enough to keep you going. And all the while you just want to rip off the blind fold and run to reach your destination.
That is me this week. I am tentatively walking. We are making these huge decisions and I earnestly pray we are making the right choices.
2020 goals
6 years ago
2 comments:
oh boy do I hate limbo. I've been living in a state of it since January. we were told back in january we would probably have to relocate. then we were told in march we were for sure going to be leaving. well we still haven't found out when or where, or if it is even going to happen. and this is most likely a relocation out of the country...such as thailand, phillipines, chile, australia. yeah that's a lot to take in when you aren't even sure if/when it is all going to happen. it's frustrating. hang in there. just think of it as lots of fun new adventures for your little family to learn and grow!
Very nice thoughts! I don't have as many changes going on in my life right now, but I can SO relate with the whole "not good at being patient" thing. My biggest struggle is still not being able to get pregnant, but I know without a doubt that things happen on the Lord's timing and in the Lord's way. There are times I think He doesn't pay much attention to me and my husband...leaving us childless for so long (going on 6 years now), but I'm sure things will happen when the time is right. I just need little reminders like what you said in this post... so thanks!
Post a Comment