Monday, April 16, 2012

Spring Break: Las Vegas

So early in the AM we, the Laings and I, loaded up our vans and headed to Vegas. We made great time and stopping in St. George to get Gas I decided to take the kids to the Dinosaur Museum and The Laings headed to D.I. The museum was fun, smaller then I had hoped but it was fun for the kids to get out and explore a little bit and then there was an outdoor sand box type thing were you could dig for dinosaur tracks and we played in that for a while and the Dogs even got to run around a bit. I thought it was funny that at this Dino museum one of their big claims to fame is that it is one of the worlds only known dinosaur bum impressions! LOL Its neat on a scientific side as then can see how they sat but funny to think that tons of people come to look at some animals butt impression. Too funny.


Then it was on to Grandma and Grandpa's house. We had a great time together. We played at the institute, Dad Ras borrowed a bounce house from a friend that the kids loved, we did a Hot dog roasting and smore night, played games, took Ben to Urgent Care (not Fun), went to the park, and stayed up at night giggling while we huddled in the corner of house to try not and wake Great Grandma Ras since we knew it wouldn't be pretty if we woke her and she thinks she's been left out of some sort of party.  - least you think we are mean... we offer her to join in with us but she says she's too tired and goes to bed and then forgets that we offered and comes out feeling badly that we are having fun without her. We love her like crazy, it must be so frustrating to not remember 99% of the things that happen to you everyday - moment to moment your memory fails you. What a hard thing. But we try to have a sense of humor about it while we try to be  compassionate and helpful to her too. Bless my mother-in-law's heart. I have learned so much about love, charity, and service from her watching her take care of her mother-in-law. If we all didn't need her so much she'd be translated by now. no joke.


The cousins loved it, the grown up kids loved, I hope the grandparents loved it too. We all had a fun time on our fun trip. :O) Viva Las Vegas!

0 comments: