We were excited to head to Utah for some long overdue family time. It
was stressful getting out the door this time. Twice I almost said we
aren't going but lucky for me I had Stewart home early and
he made everything fall into place. And we were so glad we went despite
all the stress involved. Stewart had a golden weekend with two days off back to back, yes that is pathetic that that is a really exciting thing. He had to work 14 days straight to get it that way but we really wanted to take a trip to Utah before we moved and we knew Easter weekend, also the weekend Liz was blessing her baby, and the start of the kids spring break was the perfect time to go. So off we went. It was a treat to not have to worry about putting together and a making Easter special. Mom Ras, Grandma Larsen, Liz, and Becca did that for us. Bless their hearts!
On Saturday we spent the day at Grandma Larsen's. We dyed eggs, made bunny ears for all the kids, did an Easter egg hunt, played the kinects, decorated cupcakes, walked to our nostalgic Lion spark, tear. played ball, played it the stream, and sun bathed. It was a lovely day. I was so excited to meet baby Harlow. He is so sweet and cute. I loved holding a new born. I LOVE babies. Eee! I am an addict. It was so sweet to see Liz as a mommy and Nathan as a daddy. They are the cutest happiest little family ever. What a blessed little baby he is!
Later that night Becca hosted a Family home evening with our families and Aunt Mary Anne's family. It was so sweet of Mary Anne to come out to see us. It was crazy to see how grown up her family is getting. We roasted hot dogs and made smores and had a really great time. I once again didn't get out the camera. The single mom thing and how clingy Genevieve was being sort of killed my pictures taking energy. But once again I wish I had . :( By this point Becca and I had decided we wanted to trek down to Las Vegas for the rest of our Spring Breaks. So we planned to spend one more day having fun and then we'd head down on Wednesday BUT Genevieve had different plans.
I woke up Wednesday morning to her very labored breathing. She was really sick. I called Stewart and had him listen to her over the phone and he said I needed her to be seen asap. LeGrand gave her a blessing and Becca and I headed over to the close by Urgent care. Her oxygen level was 88% and her breaths per minute were 80 BPM. The nurse told us we'd probably be taking her to the hospital. But when we saw the doctor he recommended a breathing treatment to see if that would help and it did. He oxygen jumped up to 90% and her breaths slowed. I was so grateful and I was glad Becca was there with me because if she wasn't I would have been sobbing, but with her there I kept it together. It was like deja vu from her RSV when she was 11 days old. So the rest of the day was giving her breathing treatments, talking on the phone with my realtor with house drama, doing laundry and packing to leave the next day. Out went all my grand plans of doing Harlow's impressions, and seeing other extended family. bummer. By the end of the long long day I was deciding I would never go on a vacation again without Stew....four kids and two puppies and one mom is not a good ratio when the kids average age is 3.8.But I was just so glad Genevieve was okay. then I was up at 5 am to drive my kids to Vegas. yeah I was tired. Especially with waking up every hour because I was scared Genevieve wasn't breathing well enough so I had to go check on her. It was long but not long enough sort of night! LOL
In all I had forgotten how pretty Utah was and it was sooo nice to be with loved ones again. It was weird how at home we felt driving by the old apartments we lived in and going to lions park, going to the Provo temple and BYU...it was very nostalgic for me and it felt like we had never left. I will always have a very special place in my heart for Provo. It hosted one of the happiest times of my life, falling in love with Stewart and starting our little family. Its where the best decision of my life took place. I loved remembering those memories. Las Vegas will come as Spring Break: Vegas. :O)





1 comments:
Emily can you teach me how to make the picture collages that you used on this blog? I think its great for putting lots of pictures on without bogging down the post.
We loved having you guys in Utah! so fun to finally see your Rasmussen clan again!
oh yea and also I want to talk to you about fondent (sp?)! That stiff decorative frosting. I want to learn how to make and use it...does it even taste good?
Post a Comment