No we did not come into some money - although money would be nice. Rather we had us a fun St Patty's day! Ok, I guess I am over my birthday burn out because I couldn't help myself. I had to celebrate. And I already have next year planned out. :O) The night of March 15th we had our Friday night family movie night and to get in the mood I made green popcorn. It was actually really good although the color and texture of the jello caramel mixture when I was pouring it was what I imagine goblin buggers to be like...sort of nasty. But it was fun!Then after the movie Dad got home from being on call and me made us a leprechaun trap! We had a mini-pot of gold with a "rainbow" leading to it to trick our leprechaun. Bridger was very thoughtful on the things he'd be asking the leprechaun to grant for him. :O) We tided a string between the pot of gold and the wood stick holding up the "trap" so when he tried to drag the pot away the trap would fall on him. And we put bean bags on top to make sure he couldn't lift up the box and get out. In the morning...
In the morning the trap had been set off and when we lifted the trap we found a very tiny note from our leprechaun saying, in the best Irish tongue, that he was tricked but his magic was a wee bit stronger then our trickery and so he got away but because he was impressed with out trickery he left us some treasure of our own. The kids thought that was great.
Then the kids got to wear their St. Patty's clothes and we had a fun day shopping and going out to lunch.
That night we did our Green dinner. Green noddles, green squash, green apples,.... and for dessert rainbow jello.
It was a very lucky day for us!
PS made me think of last year on St. Patty's day...we found out we'd go to Tucson... and we're still waiting! :) - can you tell just how good I am at being patient! I try. I really do.
2020 goals
6 years ago
1 comments:
I love your celebrations! :) It was great to hear from you. I turned off my google reader a bit ago, so I hadn't kept up on blogs as well - it was so fun to catch up a little on your latest happenings and your cute growing kiddos!
Post a Comment