Ok, the real point to this post is that whenever Stewart's schedule gets very busy I find that I miss those extra hours in the evening and those weekend days when we are used to talking and discussing things. And well lets just say that isn't happening lately. So I have the need to talk about the mundane things I wouldn't normally dedicate a whole post too and so I lump them all in this random mixture of "what I'm thinking about these days" sort of post. If you love me enough to care then enjoy but if life is to busy then you can look forward to posts on Stewart's 30th birthday and our fall family pictures as our coming attractions. :O)
-My mom always said that after you have several kids its not that hard adding more because eventually you are a well oiled machine and everything is already in motion. I sort feel that my family has gotten to the point recently. Not that I am adding another baby any time soon but rather that we are a big family that is running like a well oiled machine. So that is very nice. I always get comments about how many kids I have and it has been fun lately to be able to tell people how much I love it and how fun it is. I think I shocked a lady nearly to death yesterday when she asked if I was done I replied that I would have ten more if I could.
-I am finally feeling really comfortable in my calling in the young womens. I think I am actually doing a good job. I hope I am. I really enjoy my girls though remembering what teenagers are like was a bit of a reality check. I forgot how the years between 14 and 16 are really hard and confusing. Oh, my miamaids I love you! Getting to activities with no husband to watch my kids is going to kill me though. As part of my calling I am going to be doing a lot of the trunk or treat planning and Young Women in Excellence planning. I find that a bit scary but it will be fine I know it.
- We are getting a dog! Well, a puppy! I am sooooooo excited. Eeeee! We always said we were going to wait like another ten years but a series of events happened and I knew that we needed to get a dog for Angeli, our resident animal lover. We are getting her a dog, a cute little dog not the type we'd thought we'd be getting as our first but I couldn't be more thrilled. (I'm a small dog kind of girl) We have a local breeder picked out and the pups will be ready in November to bring home. In the meantime I am researching dog training like you wouldn't believe. Cesar Milan is the BOMB! Love him. If I can help it we are going to have the most obedient joyful dog ever. I don't want to worry about her getting out and all that jazz. I want her to be a complete blessing to our family. I hope I can accomplish that!
- Bridger is getting ready to lose his first 4 teeth. Yes, he has four loose teeth. He is excited to get money from the tooth fairy.
- I found out to my dismay that my insurance does not cover my varicose vein treatment. I seriously have been crying on and off for about a week because of it. I had everything all lined up with these amazing different specialist and then it was a no go. I am so sad I will have to deal with my veins for another pregnancy down the road. sigh.
- Benjamin fell last week and got three stitches in his chin. He was our first to need stitches. I cant believe we made it this long without getting stitches. his little chin was all bruised and swollen for a couple days. Poor little guy.
- I finally have a good routine for getting in the exercise I like to and I am finally consistently loosing weight. It is so slow but in the past three/four months I have lost 7 pounds. I still have 16 pounds I'd ideally like to lose but I'm just taking it easy. If I cant loose it within a life style I like living then I guess I am not loosing it because its not worth that much to me.
- We started giving allowance. Stewart came up with the system and I love it. I think his parents did it this way but maybe not. They get smiley faces on a sheet of paper with their name on it and then at FHE they get to cash them in (and pay their tithing). Each smiley face is worth 5 cents. If they do their daily jobs they can earn 25 a day. It has been a big success.
- I am so excited for Halloween! The kids are being cowboys and cowgirls. I bought them guns and hats and stuff. they will be so cute....well, I hope!
- Then there is Christmas. I am already having so much fun making gifts.
- No action on the house yet. Oh, well. I am glad I'm not having to deal with moving in the near future. Right now thinking that moving after Christmas sounds pretty nice. time will tell how off I am.
The End
2020 goals
6 years ago
1 comments:
Yay, a dog!! :) Ody has been such a blessing to us. We are seriously crazy about him, and it's good that you're doing training research because that will make your puppy all the more enjoyable. :)
One thing we did with Ody that we love, if you're interested - we hung a little bell on a string on the doorknob of the back door that we've trained him to use when he needs to go outside. It's awesome because there's no guessing when he needs to do his business or trying to read his body language - he just lets us know. :)
Post a Comment