Monday, February 7, 2011

Roller Coster


So I think due to some major fasting she was able to make tons of progress. Yay! I hope she can maintain it! This might not mean anything to anyone but Sunday morning she was at 500 cc/m and currently she is at 100 cc/m of oxygen. That is huge! Plus she is maintaining really good saturation. I think she has been averaging around 98% oxygen and her respiration rate is way more consistent and while still high not as high as it was. Her doctor is still very cautious. After two dips after thinking we were on the up he is careful to not let us think we are out of the clear just yet. This morning he told me that I needed to plan on being her longer then the two week general max for babies with RSV. He said that it seems as though she is doing all the things you'd expect with RSV however it is just taking longer then normal to have them play out. So if she stays true to that pattern then we will be here longer then normal. That is a big disappointment. I am ok with it just disappointed and trying to be positive. Hope for the best but plan for the worst is the way to go in situations like this. So I guess we are cautiously optimistic today....but she looks really good. Really happy. Really healthy. Really cute. :)

2 comments:

AdaMandy said...

We pray your baby girl will get better soon. So happy to hear some good news. Let us know if we can watch your kids for you guys so Stewart can be with you for a bit at the hospital. We would love to and gabe would love some friends over. Or if you guys need anything else please call!

Cassidy said...

Thanks for the update!! You guys are in our prayers!