Yesterday she went down hill again. Oh, it is so hard. Almost all the progress she made is gone. Her lungs are getting worse, her oxygen is going up, and her breaths per minute are sky rocketing. She is border line for pneumonia again. If she gets pneumonia or has to be transferred to the ICU I am not sure how I will cope with that. I am praying that we only have one more week in the hospital. The nurses keep telling me that two weeks is usually the max the newborns have to be hospitalized with RSV so I am hopeful. But if she gets worse it will be worse...I am sure ICU babies have longer stays.
Not to mention that hospital life is getting to me. I am starting to hate the food. I am getting sick of the randomness of which nurse I have in the day and who I have at night and how they each seem to have their own way of doing things which may or may not bug the heck out of me.
Well, she is waking up and I am REALLY needing to feed her. That is the one thing she has been consistent on. She is eating well and gaining weight. For that I am very grateful.
2020 goals
6 years ago
6 comments:
Oh Emily! I'm sooo sorry!! We are fasting for her today even Brayden and will pray extrat hard too! Hang in there! We love you!!
Oh darn. Emily. I'm so sorry for you guys, for poor little Genevieve.
I am glad she's eating still. That's GOT to count for something. It builds her strength and lets her have some more bonding with you.
If she goes to the ICU, it will be bad, but at least she'll still be getting great care. Thank heavens for modern medicine.
Hang in there. Our prayers are with you all.
I am so sorry to hear that...she has been in our constant prayers. I am so thankful you keep regularly updating so we can find out how she is doing. We'll keep praying this is short lived and that she'll get to come home soon.
We are still praying for Genevieve, and Savannah and Jacob fasted for her today. We love you and you are in our thoughts and prayers. I am sorry that yesterday was not good, but we hope that she takes a turn for the better soon.
Hang in there! Remember Obedience increases faith, the more you do to draw near Heavenly Father, the MORE your faith will increase!
We are praying for you guys too! I know the Lord is watching over little Genevieve and your family. How hard! Thanks for keeping us posted.
Post a Comment