Thursday, December 23, 2010

Two Years Old!

Mr. Benjamin Merlin Rasmussen is now two entire years old! Man, those years went really fast. My baby is now a very little boy! He has always been my little pal even though as I type this I tried to give him a kiss and he keeps saying, "Ewwwww." ;) He is a such a special little guy. He is shy around strangers so I don't know that many people realize how fabulous he is, not to mention the fact that he is our third child so he doesn't have quite as much room to shine. But let me tell you, we couldn't adore and love him more!

As his two year birthday was approaching I often thought to myself that he was the most obedient responsible little two year old I have ever met. But then he actually turned two and in that first week as a two year old he climbed to our highest cupboard found a bright blue sharpie and then proceeded to color all over the house ruining our already tattered couch, then he found a pair of scissors and cut my bed spread, and then a couple hours later found another pair of scissors and cut my phone cord in two! :)

But that being said, he is generally super responsible. Before he does most things he asks if it is "Otay?" and if I say "yes" he usually responds "thank you." in the most polite sweet voice ever. If I say "no" he frowns a little and asks why. Plus he recites the rules all the time to me. "No touch the pan. Its hot hot!" , "No, no toys at the table.", and "Shhhh. Quite. Time to sleep."

Here are some pictures I took of us just being silly around the house in our jammies. We ended up playing picture tag as he ran away from the camera and I tried to get pictures of him. He loved it. :)

Him being shy and not wanting to take pictures so I try and turn it into a game...
Last, but not least, here are a few things about Benjamin at two years old that I want to remember:
- He loves to sing his A,B,C,'s
- He loves to dance
- He loves to ROAR!
- He loves to talk
- He loves to wrestle
- He loves GREEN and blue
- He loves to sing especially twinkle twinkle little star, the wheels on the bus, and the itsy bitsy spider
- He loves Thomas the Train .....and any train for that matter
- He is a good sport
- He is a really good jumper
- He has the cutest smile ever with his two big dimples
- I love when he says, "Look at me, Tay?" and then does something he deems rather special like jumping off the couch onto a pile of blankets. And when I say my wows he beams with so much pride. Oh, I love it.
- I love how if he ever bonks into you and you say "ow" he gives you a big kiss and says, "I sorry. Otay?"
- He loves Chocolate!
- I love to hear him pray. I could be having the worst day but then I hear him say a prayer on our food, or what have you, and my heart sort of melts.
- I love that he is cuddly and will curl up with me on the couch and we'll talk, nap or giggle together.
- Benjamin loves to go places! If one of us is going somewhere Benjamin wants to come too. And if you don't take him it just about break his heart in two.
- I love watching him play with his brother and sister. When I stop my chores and listen to them talking and laughing together about the intricacies of Star Wars, Narnia, Going to heaven and what angels look like, Cinderella,..... and such and I see how their little personalities just meld together and give each other so much friendship and joy I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. My cup just runs over with gratitude and joy to be blessed with such beautiful children I love so very much.
- I love watching him play with his daddy. To see the love reflected in each others eyes in priceless. I think there is nothing cooler in our house then wrestle time with dad.
We basically think we won the lottery with this little man joining our family. I am so glad he is ours forever. :O) Benjamin Merlin, we love you like crazy!

0 comments: