We had a happy Thanksgiving. We were homesick and missing family very much but luckily we have great friends and we were able to cook up a thankful feast and have a wonderful time with our friends. It was my first time cooking an entire thanksgiving dinner so I was a little nervous but luckily things worked out pretty darn well. I was proud that I cooked my first pies and they turned out perfectly. Thank Heaven.
This Thanksgiving I feel so blessed with how much energy I have had. I have been able to get so much done. In the past four days I have accomplished: doing all my Christmas shopping, Birthday shopping (as we have three birthdays coming up), gotten all my Christmas orders finally sanded and loaded up in my kiln (miracle! over 80 items), able to cook a huge dinner for Thanksgiving, keep my house clean (big big deal), enjoy babysitting a 100 pound dog, and the real kicker is that I feel pretty darn awesome considering the fact that I am over seven months pregnant with my fourth little baby! Oh, it is a miracle. I am trying to get everything in order before Stewart is basically gone for two weeks on residency interviews this month. I hope when he is gone I can just focus on being a good mommy and not be stressing about all my extra responsibilities hanging over my head. I just feel so blessed to finally be making some progress in other departments of my life then laundry and dishes.
It has been such a happy break for us to get things done, play games, be silly with the kids, go on walks, break out the Christmas music, and pretend we are dog owners. I am so thankful for my life and the riches I have been so very blessed with!





1 comments:
Bravo! My dream is to one day be able to cook an entire Thanksgiving dinner. Cute picture!
Post a Comment