Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The Pattern of Our Lives

Consistent with how things seem to be going for our little family we have been riding the roller coaster of ups and downs these past weeks. At times it really seems that the Lord is giving us little dramas just so we can exercise our faith and see how much He loves and takes care of us in our times of need. Here is our latest exercise in faith...

A couple weeks ago we got a call from our bishop asking if we wanted a free truck. I felt a little unsure that we needed it more then others in our ward. But Stewart felt we did so we excepted gratefully. We had to wait for the paper work to get done before we could get it but we were excited that now I could have our little Honda to myself and not be stuck at home so much. On Wednesday night Stewart got in our Honda to come home from school and it died. :0( It then was very apparent why the Bishop thought of us when looking to place the truck. We really did need it! Our little Honda in now undergoing a $2,600 repair. It is only worth $5000 so that is a bit annoying to have to have to pay that much but we need a car the family can fit into so we have to get it fixed. Once again we find ourselves stuck between feeling sorry for ourselves and feeling overwhelmingly blessed. The same day the car died I got a letter in the mail telling me I am not allowed to have my business. It was a hard day for us to say the least. I have plowed through lots of rules and grumpy HOA people and I am going to be able to do my business just on new annoying terms . But just as before I also have received some miracles where I realize Heavenly Father wants me to take my business in a little different direction that I am sure will bring greater success and fulfillment. I think I will now have to get locations where I come to their store once a month to do impressions instead of doing them out of my home. I will thus be the traveling impression lady and therefore it's necessary for me to have my own car. So you see the Lord is watching out for us. It might be annoying initially to have things not go as we think they should but knowing that ultimately He is striving for our happiness we can sit back and enjoy the ride even if it is a bit more like the "Matterhorn" then "Its a Small World After All". :0)

Well, there are our little miracles and dramas that has recently testified of the Lord's hand in all the minute details of our lives. I hope it helps you also see how much He is watching out for you even if it happens to be that your car is dead too! :0) And check out Stew's HOT new ride!!! We aren't sure if we should name it "Carlos" because it has very Mexican inspired seat covers or if it should have an all American name like "Bob" because it has a ton of patriotic stickers inside it. I get the giggles every time I see Stewart driving it. Its a cute endearing little truck and we are very grateful for it!


The Family that gave it to us are the Poppinga's. Yup, their son is on the BYU football team. Cool huh?!?!? Well, it was for us at least. :0) (PS it is only four years younger then me, but it runs!)

4 comments:

Andelin said...

Woo-hoo! Look at that hot stud with those set of wheels!

Andelin said...

P.S. Loved your Disneyland analogy!

Ankur said...

What a ride !!

Suzie said...

Wow. What a roller-coaster indeed. You keep on going with that business! I've got my ADORABLE impression on the Christmas tree this year and I love it.