Tuesday, October 9, 2012

My Sorcerer's Apprentice

So this little girly of mine is a doll. She is bubbling with personality. She LOVES life. EVERYTHING is worth shouting about in unrestrained glee - her nursery leaders very tactfully asked me to work on that with her. I said I'd try but not to hold their breath. :O) But everyone at church , even her noise sensitive nursery leaders, call her the happy baby. They see her waving as she skips down the halls and say,  "Oh, its the happy baby! Hello!"  Having her around is like living with a cheerleader promoting life in the cutest way possible. But heavens she gets into the worst messes you can imagine. I seriously cant let her out of sight without some sort of negative consequence.

 I had just gone to the bathroom and there she was standing in my now sopping wet kitchen floor so happy to have found such a great chore to do.  I thought that it was just too fitting that she is my little "Sorcerer's Apprentice!"

Here are more examples - Today she wanted to play outside with the pups. So I let her do her thing. Then I heard our latch gate click closed. I hurried outside called for her and saw that she and dogs were gone. She had figured out how to open that blasted gate. I hurried out the gate and there she was chasing the dogs out into the street calling "Chocooooo! Chocoooooo!" and smiling and laughing like she was having the time of her life and feeling very good about herself for being so responsible for helping get the doggies back. I grabbed her up and lucky for me my dogs at least come 80% of the time when I call and they came running back to me. So thank heavens the pool gate is way too high for her, but still now I cant let her into the back yard without supervision. darn.

Everyday there are at least three such things that happen especially now that she has realized that she can carry the little bathroom stool all over the house to help her get to those hard to reach things. Like she got into my super expensive face products that I bought a huge stock of before we left Reno since I wouldn't be able to get them without having to have them shipped and what do you know, she was covered head to toe in about $100 of beauty products. fabulous.

Or climbing up to get into my jewelery box, or up into the sink and flooding the kitchen counter tops, or into the cupboard and eating spoonfuls of sugar and spreading it all over the kitchen, or getting out all the tooth brushes and squeezing an entire bottle of toothpaste on them,.....She is darling but My oh, My! She is a mess superstar. :O)


And here are some other pictures I got of her. I was running late, the kids and I were supposed to have left for my sister's house who lives 2 hours away, 2 hours before but we weren't gone yet. I had finally gotten the kids all ready, packed all their stuff for the long weekend, they even had their shoes on, and then I ran into my room to brush my hair, brush my teeth, and throw my last things into my bag. Then I come out and there she is sitting on the floor with a giant bottle of Nutella in her hands feeding herself and the dogs.

Well, I had two choices: freak out or laugh. So I laughed and grabbed my camera so when she is older I can show her the sort of little stunts she'd pull on me. :) And then I said a prayer that the dogs wouldn't die, plopped the little chocolate girl into the bath and threw her clothes and shoes into the washer (since she tried to help me get them off with her super clean hands) and then I had to clean out the dogs' kennel, and mop the floor, wipe the walls down, clean the lamp that was decorated with Nutella oil-ness, and leave a note to Stewart telling him he had to wash the curtains while I was away before they were totally stained by her lovely chocolate hand prints...we were later then late, and she had no shoes to wear. But she was happy! :O) That Nutella was good stuff.

 


We love this girl but it will be sort of nice when she's four. :O)

4 comments:

AmyJane said...

Sounds so, so, so much like my Marern. It's exhausting! And adorable!

AmyJane said...

Sounds so, so, so much like my Marern. It's exhausting! And adorable!

Tiffany Fackrell said...

I'm glad you laughed. I would have cried.

Cassidy said...

Oh man. I'm with Tiff. I waould've cried.