Monday, August 6, 2012

Starting School

The school year started so soon this year, the 2nd of August! I could hardly believe that I'd have half of my kids going off to school all day long. I was excited and a little nervous to be getting established into a new school and I knew the kids were feeling the same way. The school the kids are in is rated as an A+ school and I have been so impressed with the teachers and staff there. They are so kind, smart, helpful, and organized. I am so grateful to be in the situation we are in here in Tucson we really have been placed in the best place for our family. It will; be great to watch us grow into it more and more.

The day before school started they had a "meet the teacher day" where we found out who the kids teachers were and got to tour the classrooms, and fill out lots of paper work of course.  I feel like both Angeli and Bridger were blessed with getting the best teachers for them. I signed up to work as one of the room moms  for each class which I am excited about. I hope its not too much but I am really looking forward to getting to know their teachers and to get to help in the class and the planning. I love my planning. ;O)

The next day was the start of school and it was a bit surreal. I didn't feel too ready ...like little silly things for example, I wasn't sure what they should wear or anything like that, which usually I'd like to have that all planned out but whatever! They got to pick it out themselves out of what was clean. :O) We live so close to their school that it really doesn't make sense to do anything other then walk to school so every morning and afternoon that's what we are doing, walking in the blistering heat to and from school. :O) - its hot at 2:40pm!

When they came home and we asked them how it went Angeli declared that she loves "everything" about school and Bridger said he loves "nothing" about school. He thinks its so boring and she thinks everything is so fun. :O) The difference between boys and girls I guess! I hope they can make friends. They were sad they cant eat together at lunch or play together at recess but I think it is good for them to branch out and make friends of their own. I am so proud of them for doing hard things. For Angeli overcoming her anxiety of new scary things is such a huge thing and Bridger its all about getting over the hard work of school. :O) I tell them daily "you can do hard things!". So anyways, we were late for the first day!!!! So the only pictures I got were on our way to school. I miscalculated how much time it would take to get everyone out the door, get the "littles" in the stroller, all of us off and walking....plus the campus was so crowded it was a bit crazy. So these are the only pictures I got. Bummer, but heck they are so cute  who needs fifty pictures anyways! ;) I love them!



I sure missed them that first day. The house was so quiet! I know things will pick up really quickly here soon so I am going to try and take advantage of every "quiet" moments I get! 

1 comments:

Kirsten said...

I can't believe how big they are getting. The pictures are so darling!!

It really is fun to send more than one child to school and hear their different perspectives at the end of the day. Ethan, being a boy, usually says it was "fine" and I have to beg him for more. In fact I MAKE him tell me three things.

And Brynlee and Hailey? They tell me the drama and all the happenings of the day and could go on and on. It really is funny how different boys and girls are.

Elementary school is such a fun age and perfect for you guys to meet new friends after just having lived there. I'll call you soon! My kiddos start school this week and I'm about to have four in school everyday (well Karli's only half day but still....) Crazy how fast time goes by!!