Friday, August 24, 2012

Fun Things to do While we Live in Tucson

So I've been realizing how hard it is to get family fun in with all the school, church, and work stuff we have going on so I wanted to make a list of some of the possible of things I want to do while we live here in Tucson and maybe just maybe we'll be able to fit most of it in.

The Biosphere - How cool would that be to go to the world famous biosphere!  http://www.b2science.org/

AZ Science Center - Sounds really fun and educational! http://azscience.org/

Renaissance Festival - Ha ha! Let the inner nerd out! looks fabulous. Held in February - March. http://www.royalfaires.com/arizona/

State Parks - Okay this is my all time favorite thing to do....be out in nature! There are so many great hikes and camping trips we could do! Love to dream about!  AZStateParks.com

Grand Canyon - I want to wait until the kids are grown up enough that its not the most frightening thing ever to have them near giant cliffs but we must do this! The kids get a fall break and so I am already planning our trips we'll be doing on our next 4 fall breaks...the best time of year for a vacation without huge crowds at places like Disneyland, sea world, and yes the grand canyon! http://www.thecanyon.com/

Rocky Point Mexico - I  have heard great things about this beach town in Mexico. A lot of families in our ward who own vacations homes there and I want to go! I am excited because there is a volcano-ish thing close by where you can see real lava! Oh, my gosh how cool would that be for the kids to see! Sometimes the families in our ward give good deals at renting their houses out. Yes please! RockyPointMexico

Children's' Museum of Tucson- I am excited to check this out. i have some free passes and I think if we love it we'll have to buy a family pass for the year. http://www.childrensmuseumtucson.org/

Broadway in Tucson - I've only been to one real Broadway show and I'd love to go more. This year they have some shows I'd be excited to see. I'd love to take the kids to see stomp or the Blue Man group...I know too expensive but woudl 'd they love that!?!?! http://www.broadwayintucson.com/

Santa Crus County Fair - This is a maybe. But a country fair sounds so fun runs through September. sonoitafairgrounds.com

Sea Life Arizona - This sounds really fun to me...I'd rather go to San Diego just a 4-5 hour drive away but this way we wouldn't have a huge admission ticket and a hotel too. visitsealife.com/Arizona

Tolmachoff Farms - sounds like a great visitor farm where you can pick your own produce, go to the petting Zoo, have tours, and buy homemade treats. Their Pumpkin days, and watermelon days sound really fun. tolmachoff-farms.com

Tucson Botanical Gardens and "Butterfly Magic" - I think my kids would really enjoy the butterflies and I really love plants! They even have a rain forest section. How fun.  http://www.tucsonbotanical.org/

Tucson Zoo- Yay! I finally live by a zoo! I don't think its out of this world but I think it will be nice enough and I am really excited to take the kids we were going to go today but my girl friend has to cancel and I am actually feeling pretty sick so another time...but I am excited to go someday! http://www.tucsonzoo.org/

Davis-Monthan Air Force Base - They have a grave yard of retired planes that I hear is pretty cool for little people and grown up people too  to check out. I think that would be a fun afternoon activity one of these days. 

Wild West - Being in the heart of the WILD WEST they have an abundance of railroad towns, gold mining, and horse tours and such that I think the family would enjoy even if its not my favorite thing to do...boys love theri train rides! I need to research which ones are the best to go to.

Family History - I sort of want to spend several Family Home Evenings going to historical sights that have family history significance to us since Stewart was named after his great grandfather who helped settle Tucson and was a very prominent figure here. Some ward members have told me about some great places to check out (brandi fenton park) so I need to plan it all out and have some fun trips and story telling with the kids.


0 comments: