Monday, July 5, 2010

Back to making Lists

So I have been living in a heavy fog lately simply because my mind isn't working all the great these days. Plus when I'm sick I tend to just deal with the present, taking it a day at a time. I realized that I have got to get my act together because my life is about to take off going really fast and if I am not ready it will be a disaster. So I know this is stimulating reading for you all but I have got to write this down where I can find it in a day or two! :O)

In four days I have to have our affairs in order for us to leave town for two weeks to which we will then return for one week only to have to hurry and buy a car and then leave for an entire month. AHHHHHH! Ok, deep breath. I am thinking I may just send the hubby off for a month, I am not sure, we'll see if we can get a van or not. If we have one car I will be definitely coming with him. August is the worst month to be gone for us....its when we moved here so everything that needs to be renewed comes in the mail and when we are gone it is a nightmare! Business license, insurances, .... so I hope I can stick around for an extra week to make sure all our bills get paid on time and then meet up with Stew. We'll see.

Ok so here is the to-do list for the next FOUR days:

CHECK SORT OF - call insurance and switch my providers - keep getting busy signal :(
CHECK SORT OF - deep clean the house - I clean one room only to have it destroyed in a day. These kids! :)
CHECK - clean out Stew's car and wash it - its been over a year! :(
CHECK - LAUNDRY
CHECK - go to the temple
CHECK - figure out how much we can pack in our tiny car, I think we'll be wearing the same clothes everyday! I better make sure to pack laundry detergent.
CHECK - buy snacks for the long drives
CHECK - get gas in the car
- get my labs done
CHECK - go to bank
CHECK - drop movie off at Library
- get fabric for my mom to sew me something to wear to the wedding this August, oh my stupid veins make it such a trail to find clothes that work!
- get someone to water plants and pick up our mail
CHECK - Get pictures scrapbooked and get ready for Gma's
CHECK - do our finances for July
- clean back yard and take pics for blog
CHECK- cut the boy's hair
- take return to Michale's
CHECK - finish the book of Mormon I have like 10 more pages! WOO hOO!
CHECK - Start the D&C
CHECK - go to post office to send package to sister
CHECK - Finish processing my orders- Ahhhhh! I am so behind on these!
- Make sure the kids get to play with some friends before they leave for the summer
CHECK - Do some more car searching - hate this.

Now will this all get done? Absolutely not. But maybe I can get some of it done and that would be nice. Oh, I will be happy to feel like me again but for now we'll just enjoy the oddness of now and the adventure of traveling all over in a tiny car and no cash. We'll have to pretend we're a super hip hippie family or something! :)

1 comments:

Kirsten said...

Your list sounds a lot like my list!!! We have been up to the same things-returning library books, finishing shopping, going places that we don't want to miss this summer, finishing reading for the summer reading program, went to the temple last week, deep cleaning and we're feeling ready to go! It's a lot of work to leave your life for a while! Can you believe these trips are here!? We leave on Friday! Crazy!!

Good luck getting everything done and getting the car situation figured out. I know that it so nerve racking and stressful. You'll be led to what's right for your family. If you do stay in Reno in August, I may take the northern route up to your place when I head back to Utah on August first. I figured it's been a three years since we've been to Reno. Anyway, we'll talk later but can't wait to see you guys soon!

P.S. Very cute family pictures!